Pages

Saturday 27 December 2014

December Daily & #30Lists - Days 1 to 5

As I've mentioned in a previous post, this year I discovered December Daily and 30 Days of Lists. While I didn't officially sign up for the December Daily class, I have been taking photos and adding them along with my daily list and a bit of journalling to a December album. Over the next few days I plan to share my December Daily album with you as well as any preparation I do for Ali Edward's One Little Word class that I will be starting in 2015.


You can find more information about Ali Edwards here and more about 30 Days of Lists here.

Cover & First Page:

I'm using a Sn@p 6"x8" binder in black which I have decorated with letters and shapes from Typo along with a couple of Christmas polaroids also from Typo. Inside I have decorated the first page with some scrapbook paper I had as well as a page from a Kikki K notepad, Typo stamps, a little washi to cover the Kikki K logo and a piece of ephemera from the Aldi range.




Day One:

So here we have day one. The prompt was "It's ________ Season!" I've used Becky Higgins Project Life cards, a "currently" card from RUKristin, and personal photos of rumballs and the summer sun. This is my first ever attempt at a project life style of scrapbooking so I'm still learning about embellishments. The only embellishing I have done on this day is a few stickers on two of the cards and the word summer is stamped onto the photo.




Day Two:

I think I got a little more creative with day two. I applied stickers directly on to one of the photos (unheard of, don't you know photos are to be protected at all costs!) and had a bit more fun with stamps.







Day Three:

I'm not very happy with the way the date card turned out here but I'm still learning. I am really happy with the way the list of the day card looks as well as the fun I had with washi and an enamel dot on the journalling card. 






Day Four:

This is one of my favourite spreads so far. I didn't have a lot to say here because the list prompt was "Family & Friends you will get to see this month". Well Nick and I got married so we got to see most of our family and friends which was really awesome. I felt like this layout only needed one photo and the group shot of everyone at our wedding was perfect. I added a Heidi Swapp word and a flair that I got from my local scrapbooking store.



Day Five:

Day five was a tricky one. These list prompts really make you think sometimes! Again I had more fun with washi tape on the journalling card. I also had a go at journalling directly onto a photo before I printed it. That was fun. I originally chose another font but it was just too hard to read so I had to settle for this one. It's a shame and something I will have to try and figure out in the future.




So there are the first five days. I hope to post five days at a time over the next few days until this album is finished. It's slow going as I'm still learning a lot about project life and scrapbooking. The biggest challenge for me is having a go and allowing myself to create something that I may not like. I'm scared to use some of the ephemera because I only have one and once it's used I can't use it again but I am slowly learning to let go of that and just let creativity flow! Do you struggle with that? How have you overcome it? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment